Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Brett Favre: 'I can still throw the ball as well as I ever have'

Brett Favre: 'I can still throw the ball as - 06-15-2011

Brett Favre insists he can still sling the rock.
But the retired quarterback reiterated what we already know – he has no desire to put his body through the rigors of another NFL season.
Favre is holding a 7-on-7 passing camp at Southern Mississippi and the Biloxi Sun Herald caught up with him.
I don’t want to put my body through that anymore,” Favre said. “I’ve been beat up enough.”

The 41-year-old Favre played his last game for the Minnesota Vikings last Dec. 20 when he was knocked out of the game at TCF Bank Stadium on the campus of the University of Minnesota following a sack by rookie Corey Wootton. One day, that will be a good trivia question for a bar bet. The game was moved to the college after the Metrodome roof collapsed.
But could he still play?
“I can still throw the ball as well as I ever have,” Favre said. “No question about that.”
Don’t expect another comeback.
** Article From NationFootballPost.com

No comments:

Post a Comment